Majestic, and its Effect on a newly launched British Web Design Company
A Little History
- In May 2017 our digital agency launched a branch in London, and in the lead up used Majestic to establish a competitive advantage in the UK (namely London) small to medium sized business web design market.
- Our domain was registered on 18 April 2017, so this was a brand new website. You can do a WHOIS to be sure!
- We built the website for 4 weeks, before launching in mid May 2017.
- We used Majestic to research not only our competitors in the UK, but also our peers in the USA and other key markets to see where we needed to be (by way of relevance) within the digital marketing industry.
- We adopted a low volume/high quality content creation strategy, sharing our insights with only the best and most relevant peers in the field - some of these were in the UK, some were outside.
- We relied on Majestic's Trustflow metric to identify and reach out to industry relevant partners who are respected online.
- Majestic gave us real insights - we know that Trustflow is unique to Majestic and we have elected to rely heavily on this metric (see below).
- Our Google search results went from unindexed to top 10 for popular web design-themed search terms, and have significantly improved every day - thus generating more and more leads through our website's contact form, by phone and by direct email.
Why We LOVE Majestic...and Want to Tell Everyone About It (an unbiased outline, direct from London)
- Majestic gives us TRUST FLOW - perhaps the BEST SEO metric of them all. Trust Flow, we believe, really evaluates any website's ranking potential. In fact, we use Trust Flow as the most critical metric when rolling out our marketing strategies.
- Under each search, you can find an exhaustive list of External Backlinks that can be ordered by Trust Flow or one of the many other metrics.
- Majestic offers extensive reporting, meaning you can download data points and create and implement your strategy.
- The BEST pricing e have found is £89 for 3 months for the SILVER plan, which covers everything any SME will most likely need.
- Majestic offers the simplest interface of any program we've used (MOZ, AHREFS) - we're simple people and don't ask for much, so this may be the reason we find it so easy.
- Compare up to FIVE websites with this very cool tool seamlessly
Our SEO Results - Alexa, Clicky Analytics and Google Ranks
- Launch day: 10 May
- Today: 30 June
- The charts below show significant progress where it matters, with numerous google.co.uk searches hitting our website.
- Disclosure: we have not paid for any traffic, nor do we affiliate market any pages - all traffic either originates from search of referral.
Majestic - Our Summary
- Majestic offers a great value, fully rounded SEO tool for effectively x-raying any website online.
- Pricing is fair, at approx £30-40 a month (with an annual discount) and compares to what we've paid at AHrefs and MOZ in the past.
- Personally, I just like using Majestic. It may not have the design of others, but it gives me everything I need to know on a daily basis, and I haven't properly explored the full features yet.
Majestic Tips and Tools
We've outlined a few tips and tools below which we've found useful, and will continue to add to the list as we learn more about Majestic.
Find all your key metrics, in one place.
- Topical Trust Flow outlines where your links come from by industry - this is all too relevant and critical.
- Referencing IPs - protect your Google results by ensuring your referencing domains do not concentrate around singular IP addresses.
- Your links are graphed by Trust Flow and Citation Flow - a very meaningful statistic to see link quality.
- Historical data shows the links lost over the last 5 years.
- Make quick decisions, educate yourself and make life easy with the free Majestic Backlink Analyzer as an extension for Google Chrome (only available for those with paid subscriptions).
- Compare up to FIVE websites with Majestic's website compar tool
- Fantastic metrics, including .gov and .edu links
- Majestic guides you through the various tools and resources available, earning you "points" which shows your progress in understanding and utilizing their SEO tool.